Public Works



35' x 8' Mural at AZ Lost Boys Center in downtown Phoenix. This was a donation and I loved working on it! It needed to be completed in 4 1/2 days. I had two wonderful assistants had never done anything like this before and they were a huge blessing. I also wanted to have the "boys" (who are actually grown men) participate in this so they could "own" it. I cut a stencil of a cow that they have in Sudan and we had each one of the men sponge on paint near the bottom. For most of them this was a brand new concept and "skill" and it was very rewarding for me to have been able to bring this element of participation into the mural.

To me the young men and women of Sudan who wandered from place to place for so long and are still holding on to life, hope and a future are my heros. I can't imagine how this is possible except for the grace of God who has given each one of them hope to hold on to.